Nature Strollers

The mission of the Nature Strollers is to support parents and grandparents in their role as primary interpreters of nature for their families; to provide opportunities for families to enjoy unstructured time outdoors; to familiarize families with local trails, refuges, sanctuaries and preserves; and to develop networks among families with a common interest in nature.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The Tadpoles Have Hatched!

Kat posts...

This morning, Laurel and I went to check out Hunter Farm Preserve to see if we will indeed be able to take the Nature Strollers out there on Friday. Afterwards, I decided to do some returns while I was in the Middletown shopping area. After bringing back a bunch of clothing to Babies R Us, I got back into my car and headed home. While we were eating lunch, I listed to my phone message... it was Sybil calling to tell me that the tadpoles at Goose Pond Mountain have hatched!! I called Laurel right away, and we made plans to meet at Goose Pond after Lily's OT session. Although we figured it would be raining by then, we decided we would go and take turns looking into the ponds while the other waited with the kids and the cars.

When we got there, we saw thousands of tiny black tadpoles... it was amazing! I took a few shots and even though it was raining, I did get a good one.

If you have the chance, go see the tadpoles at Goose Pond Mountain!!!

Thanks for the alert, Sybil!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home